Hey Guys! Happy Wednesday! Sorry for the inactivity lately… I’ve been crazy busy at work but I’ve been working on getting some reviews out soon so be on the look out. I also started a bookstagram account a couple of days ago so if you have one please let me know so I can fill up my feed with beautiful bookish pictures.
Top 5 Wednesday was created by Lainey over at Gingerreadslainey. If you didn’t already know, every week you’re given a topic where you have to respond with your top 5 books relating to that topic. If you’re curious and want to learn more, click here for the Goodreads group page.
This weeks Top Five Topic is Most Unlikable characters. I almost didn’t do this weeks topic because I usually like all the characters I read and if I don’t its usually a side character that I totally space out and forget about. But fortunately (or unfortunately) I’ve read some books lately with characters that fit this topic for me and after I got to thinking, I was able to remember some from books I’ve read in the past.
5. America Singer from The Selection Series by Kiera Cass – America is whinny and I found her very annoying. She’s very immature and her thought process was very confusing especially when having to make decisions about Mason and Aspen. It was all too much back and forth for me.
4. Bella Swan from the Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer – A lot of people have problems with Bella. And the majority might have a point and I might agree but when I first read Twilight my biggest problem with Bella was how non-approachable she was. I remember some of her classmates trying to include her in things and she was so rude, not only to them but to her dad Charlie.
3. Romeo from Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare – Madly in love with Rosaline, Rosaline then breaks his heart and he becomes depressed. Enter Juliet two seconds later and voilà instantly and madly in love with Juliet. Romeo is extremely problematic and immature.
2. Rachel Elizabeth Dare from the Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series by Rick Riordan – When Rachel was introduced to the series I didn’t like her. I don’t think she’s a horrible character don’t get me wrong but I just didn’t like her. I kind of just wanted to brush her aside and get rid of her.
1. Kate Waters from The Widow by Fiona Barton – I really dislike Kate. It really didn’t take long for me to feel this way. I think it was destined to happen though, I despise journalist/reporter type characters. I haven’t read one yet that can change my mind. Kate is like Lois Lane on steroids. She is so obsessive and I get it, she needs to get this story or be the first to cover but she’s a borderline stalker and opportunist.
So that’s it! Till next time!