Hey Guys! Happy Wednesday! Top 5 Wednesday was created by Lainey over at Gingerreadslainey. If you didn’t already know, every week you’re given a topic where you have to respond with your top 5 books relating to that topic. If you’re curious and want to learn more, click here for the Goodreads group page.
This weeks topic is Books You Wish Had Sequels. I don’t really like standalones. I always want more even if the ending was satisfying. I have a really hard time letting go of characters and books in general when I’ve finished them (if I like them) so this list wasn’t too hard to put together.
5. The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury – I read this earlier this year & I loved it(review here). Anything that has to do with a retelling of Aladdin or 1001 Nights is my jam. When I was done with this book I just assumed that it had a sequel cause lets be honest everything has a sequel. Its not that the ending left me hanging because it had a great ending and everything tied together BUT I’d love to know what adventures the two main characters have after they’ve set off into the sunset. Also there’s a name that was thrown off in the last few pages that had me very excited for a sequel.
4. Anna and the French Kiss Companion Series by Stephanie Perkins – Perkins has a gift okay. These books are perfect for getting you out of a reading funk and I loved all three books. They are feel-good, light hearted and quick reads & I wish there were more. Like 100 more. Also petition to make Josh’s manuscript a real thing… Can you imagine?!
3. The Host by Stephenie Meyer – When I finished this book way back when, I was obsessed with it. I think even more so than with the twilight books. And I stalked Meyers website for any updates/information on a sequel for ages. We even got names for the 2nd & 3rd installments I mean COME ONE! I wish that maybe one day she’ll drop a sequel on us but I’ve pretty much lost all hope.
2. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell – Ugh that ending! That ending left me hanging so hard. And this book was written so beautifully. The whole book if basically quotable. I just want a sequel where Eleanor and Park find each other again. Maybe in a college setting. I swear I’ve had dreams about it.
1. Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling – Sequel, Prequel, whatever. I just want more Harry Potter books. Doesn’t even need to be about Harry Potter hinself I JUST WANT MORE! I’m greedy like that.
What are some books you feel need a sequel? I’d love to know & till next time